A Healthy Plan That’s Ahead of Schedule and Under Budget.
With 150 locations throughout Northeast Ohio, the University Hospitals Health System (UH) encompasses hospitals, outpatient centers, and primary care physicians. It has 28,000 employees and is one of the largest healthcare providers in the nation and continues to grow.
Because of its growth, UH had outgrown its current internal systems and electronic medical record (EMR) system and required an upgrade. An EMR migration to Epic, whose software holds medical records for 78% of patients in the United States, required very specific device and technology requirements, and MCPC was chosen to be part of the process because of our wide and deep experience in the medical technology device market.
- Perform thorough and accurate inventory of IT assets for the entire UH system and perform site floorplan assessments at each location
- Add all assets into the UH IT asset management tool
- Meet very specific requirements for device models, configurations, and security
- Create precise plans for equipment delivery and implementation
How MCPC achieved the objectives:
- Managed all device ordering, imaging, configuration, storage, and deployment
- Put detailed service delivery metrics in place to track and report on project performance
- Assisted in the technical dress rehearsal as required by Epic
- Executed plan over 4 separate phases to avoid overloading UH systems
- Implemented mobile device management (MDM) program, including iPhone fleet
- Through the expertise and experience of MCPC, University Hospitals is on pace to complete their EMR and technology revamp ahead of schedule and under budget
- Initial plan expected to carry process into 2024, now on pace to finish in 2023
We’re the outcome engineers. When you work with MCPC, your endpoints are just the starting point. With services and products for all your organization’s hardware and software needs, we bring together the technologies that solve tomorrow’s business problems today.