engineers, manufactures and markets mechanical components and high-performance steel products and services to diversified markets. Headquartered in Canton, Ohio, Timken employs 20,000 across 200 worldwide locations.
Timken turned to MCPc with these business priorities:
Timken turned to MCPc to meet these priorities:
- Provide elasticity via variable cost-support models based on growth and planned mergers and acquisitions
- Improve end-user satisfaction
- Correct exorbitant chargebacks incurred by missing lease expiration dates and damaged devices.
How MCPc responded:
- Create a refined plan and process around IT in general
- Outsource portions of its IT infrastructure to MCPc to shift staff focus, reduce cost and drive strategic initiatives
Why Timken values MCPc:
- Took a service-level approach that focused on increasing first-call resolution and delivering a unified approach to end user client computing
- MCPc, working in partnership with Timken IT leadership, designed an all-inclusive end user client computing lifecycle management solution
- Built a plan that included onsite MCPc staff to manage and augment offshore tier 1 service desk, telephone support in conjunction with a suite of services for PC procurement, project coordination, imaging and provisioning, and finally device retirement services.
- Built into the solution quarterly business reviews to analyze service level objectives and key performance indicators, all leading to actionable service improvements.
- Developed an integrated support and lifecycle management solution that addressed critical business drivers, including cost and customer satisfaction.
- Crafted a customized but flexible approach to meet specific service levels and key performance indicators
- Created an accountability process, from device procurement through device retirement
- Integrated procurement and end-of-lease processing into the overall plan
- MCPc was willing to enter into penalty-based service level agreement
- Developed seamless solutions for remote locations
- MCPc services included support for mobile devices
- Committed to integrating into existing systems, rather than forcing Timken to alter current service desk software.
- Cncluded comprehensive scorecards including Pareto Charts and service level reporting.
- MCPc became a trusted partner that staffed the engagement with badged employees rather than contractors.
Execute Seamless IT Transition During Large Acquisition
Transition IT of 120 new branches without service interruption to both customers and employees.
READ MORE »
Increase Pace and Lower Costs on M&A Integrations
Improve service levels and reduce end-user interruption through a personalized, well-designed end-to-end lifecycle experience.
READ MORE »
At the forefront of innovation is technology. From crafting integrated support and lifecycle management solutions to addressing specific regulatory and financial constraints, MCPc is committed to developing cutting-edge technology solutions for its clients.
HOW WE INNOVATE FOR OUR CLIENTS »