Improve End-User Satisfaction
engineers, manufactures and markets mechanical components and high-performance steel products and services to diversified markets. Headquartered in Canton, Ohio, Timken employs 20,000 across 200 worldwide locations.
Timken turned to MCPc with these business priorities:
Timken turned to MCPc to meet these priorities:
- Provide elasticity via variable cost-support models based on growth and planned mergers and acquisitions
- Improve end-user satisfaction
- Correct exorbitant chargebacks incurred by missing lease expiration dates and damaged devices.
How MCPc responded:
- Create a refined plan and process around IT in general
- Outsource portions of its IT infrastructure to MCPc to shift staff focus, reduce cost and drive strategic initiatives
Why Timken values MCPc:
- Took a service-level approach that focused on increasing first-call resolution and delivering a unified approach to end user client computing
- MCPc, working in partnership with Timken IT leadership, designed an all-inclusive end user client computing lifecycle management solution
- Built a plan that included onsite MCPc staff to manage and augment offshore tier 1 service desk, telephone support in conjunction with a suite of services for PC procurement, project coordination, imaging and provisioning, and finally device retirement services.
- Built into the solution quarterly business reviews to analyze service level objectives and key performance indicators, all leading to actionable service improvements.
- Developed an integrated support and lifecycle management solution that addressed critical business drivers, including cost and customer satisfaction.
- Crafted a customized but flexible approach to meet specific service levels and key performance indicators
- Created an accountability process, from device procurement through device retirement
- Integrated procurement and end-of-lease processing into the overall plan
- MCPc was willing to enter into penalty-based service level agreement
- Developed seamless solutions for remote locations
- MCPc services included support for mobile devices
- Committed to integrating into existing systems, rather than forcing Timken to alter current service desk software.
- Concluded comprehensive scorecards including Pareto Charts and service level reporting.
- MCPc became a trusted partner that staffed the engagement with badged employees rather than contractors.