Refocusing Technology Efforts Towards Innovation
is a century-old company and industry leader in social expression, employing 15,000 part-time merchandisers charged with maintaining in-store inventory, managing routes and collecting sales data for product in company-owned retail stores and through retail partners.
American Greetings turned to MCPc with these business priorities:
American Greetings turned to MCPc with these IT priorities:
- Refocus IT on innovation
- Outsource day-to-day operations to free-up staff, lower operational and infrastructure costs and provide higher service levels
How MCPc responded:
- Replace aging Telxon technology that was costly to maintain and had aging software
Why American Greetings values MCPc
- Developed a comprehensive hardware and software lifecycle management program focused on the merchandiser experience.
- Helped American Greetings select and procure hardware, understanding the features and attributes that were needed to replace Telxon devices and integrate and certify new software into the newly selected hardware.
- Planned and delivered a pilot program to more than 250 merchandisers, providing day-to-day software support and advanced hardware replacement of damaged services.
- Kitted more than five different components into a single shipment, updated AGC’s CMDB, provided an asset management database and enrolled devices in AGC’s MDM solution.
- Performed real-time updates to MAC alerts when devices were moved between merchandisers. MCPc scorecard collected and reported critical support metrics needed to drive continuous improvement.
- MCPc provided optimal device and software selection
- MCPc utilized a technology logistics center near AGC’s headquarters for deployment staging and advanced hardware replacement
- MCPc integrated support through its Operations Service Center for seamless hardware and software support
- MCPc provided universal asset management for devices and accessories
- MCPc oversaw day-to-day service delivery and service levels