Software License Tracking & Management
For many organizations, the transition to Windows 7, Office 2010, desktop virtualization or a combination thereof is forcing IT to take a step back and assess how they manage their software licensing
. What’s become clear is that a more strategic approach is now a necessity — for both the bottom line and compliance liabilities
The fact is, most enterprise-level IT leaders do not have a clear picture of how many licenses they have, how they all interact, and how they work in a virtualized or cloud environment
. And that can lead to under-licensing, over-licensing and failed audits
Following are just some of the critical questions about software licensing that you need to consider in today’s IT environment:
- Do our software licenses permit use on end-user devices, servers, the cloud or all of the above?
- What Microsoft license model makes the most sense for us?
- Should we license concurrently, by end-user or by device?
- How does our use of a virtualized server effect the licensing of the software it runs?
- How do our different software licenses interact across all the layers of our IT environment?
- How do our software licenses work in an IT environment that spans numerous locations, states and countries, and a workforce using both company-owned and employee-owned devices?
- How do we license for shift workers vs. non-shift workers?
MCPc is unique in our consultative approach to software license tracking and management
. We first take the time to better understand your company’s IT needs and what is actually driving your software purchases with a Software Licensing Assessment
We can then assist in selecting, purchasing and managing software throughout its entire lifecycle. Proper software licensing agreements limit unnecessary expenses, while maintaining an up-to-date and compliant IT environment.
Understanding how to procure software and determine the best fit for your business is a time consuming and complicated undertaking. And virtualization and cloud computing multiply these complexities
. Rely on our licensing and software management expertise to save you money by first analyzing purchase history, and then recommending a procurement strategy that maximizes your investment.
Service & Support
MCPc can support your organization with:
- Proven licensing assessment processes and tools
- Strong relationships with Microsoft, Citrix, VMware, Cisco, NetApp, Symantec, Adobe and all other major enterprise software publishers
- License consulting and long-term software strategy
- Evaluation of products and their roadmaps based on organizational needs
- Assistance in understanding total cost of ownership
- Standardization of software products throughout your company
- Determining and assisting with compliance issues
- Providing options on volume licensing and maintenance agreements
- Contract interpretation and management
- Proactive monitoring of software license agreements
- Support for the administration of software assurance benefits
Not sure where to start? Read about our Software License Assessment, which can help you better understand your current environment, how deployed software matches up with procured licenses and fill in the gaps to achieve compliance.
Interested in Widows 7? Read about our Windows 7 Assessment
, which will help you ensure an economical, successful and compliant upgrade.
Contact us today
to speak with a software licensing expert.
Read the commentary of MCPc's technology experts on managing software licenses and other IT topics.